Friday, July 24, 2009

Books

Those who know me know I read alot. Not as much now as I'd like, but still a good bit. I've been on a non-fiction binge lately and can recommend all these books.

David Plotz reads the bible and reacts in Good Book. Amusingly written and as close as I'll come to reading the entire thing. (Well the OT anyway). I get lost in all the begats. I guess it's a cliff notes of the Old Testament.


The Outliers and Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It's pop science but it's interesting pop science.


Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
This book was so weirdly interesting I read it in one afternoon and evening. Ok, more like I stayed up half the night but it was a fascinating look at two anthropologically interesting groups ~ the Tarahumara and Ultra-Distance runners. Honestly, pick this one up, you don't need to be a runner to find this interesting. Really.

No comments: