Tuesday, January 18, 2005

~!~!~!Happy Birthday To Me~!~!~!

Today is my birthday. I'm 42 as my dd keeps reminding me, in a chant, How old are you? 42!, over and over. I remember thinking how old that sounded when I was a teenager. I admit I'm surprised that I don't have any of those aches I remember my parents complaining about. Teeth- good, bones and muscles-good, eyesight-good, hearing-fine. Now that I've taken this inventory I'm waiting for everything to go to h*ll. I even feel like another pregnancy would be fine. Dh, however, has said he doesn't want to buy himself depends while buying the baby diapers. I guess I'll hang on for 15 years and dote on grandbabies. No big celebration here. The kids made cupcakes. I have a basketball game to go to for L and a Cub Scout committee meeting after that. I guess that means I won't be closing a bar down for my big day!

2 comments:

Griffmama said...

Well, I hit the big "42" just 8 short months after giving birth to my first (maybe only) child... Happy birthday! Remember when we used to celebrate these events by hanging out in some bar and throwing back a lot of drinks?! Life sure does change...

ma said...

Happy Birthday!

Hmm does dh see men his age buying depends? Wait wrong type of pharmacy. Hmm does he dispense lots of anti pee in your pants meds? Aren't we more likely to need depends before them? My dh is an optimist even tho he spent many years changing depends. Luckily not his lol.