Yes, it's going to be a list post because I'm so far behind. Hey, I've been busy, ok?
* I managed to do all the things I promised the kids we would do, shopping (both clothes and video games), homemade cinnamon rolls, out to eat at Ponderosa (that involves a 30 mile drive each way), homemade cinnamon rolls and lots and lots of cards and board games
* Dh and I went to friends' house for New Year's Eve. I drifted off during a movie (shhh, I don't think anyone noticed). I revived in time to see the ball drop and Dick Clark. Good Lord, someone have the guts to tell the man it's time to quit performing.
* The kids went back to school on Jan 2 so I spent yesterday de-Christmasing the house. I always seem to get everything pur up and see one item I've left out. I crammed it in a drawer. Take that you organized types.
* I've been doing a bunch of batch cooking for the freezer. Starting next week we have something to do every, yes EVERY night of the week. Since this town has no restaurants and I don't want to live on pjb that means preparing ahead. My freezer is now packed with soups, mac&cheese casseoles, taco meat and the dreaded meatloaves. This will hopefully enable us to eat something.
* What are we doing you ask? What type of family can't budget their time, lets see
Mon-Basketball practice for 3 kids for 3 hours-must leave house at 5:30
Tues-Boy Scouts-must leave house at 6
Wed-KidKlub at church 6:30, Dance 20 miles away at 7:00
Thurs-Cub Scouts-6:15 (I'm a den leader, have to be there)
Fri-dd must play with band at ball games (20 miles away again)
Sat-dd usually needs delivered and picked up from debate, 3 basketball games, various times
Sun-church, youth group and Brownies from 4-6 (stupid time, 12 miles away)
DS begins swim practice the 8th. He needs picked up at 5:30 or he'll have to walk home. He'll practice 5 nights/week. Oh, and then there will be meets. I don't think I'll make too many of those. Dh works evenings so, it's all me. Did I mention I'm actually looking forward to them getting driver's licenses. I may change my mind on that one of course.