Monday, April 23, 2007

Random Thoughts

* I'm finally, finally, finally feeling better.


* This means that the children are dropping like flies. We've had 4 fevers and one ear infection/burst ear drum.

* Our new insurance now requires $50 copay at urgent care. The old one (which just expired last week) only required a $15
copay. Note, no one was sick last week!

* The weather at least was lovely. It looked nice through the window, sigh.

* I had time to read two books this weekend. America's Cheapest Family and Not Buying It. The first makes me think that if
they are the cheapest we must be what, the stingiest? scroogiest? The second one had alot of interesting info on
consumer society. The author undertook it as an experiment and her goals were really more environmental than frugal. It
was still interesting though.

* I have too much to do this week, but you knew that.

* Neither the lawn mower nor the garden tiller will run. I guess we quickly pay for a repair or go for that natural prarie look.

* I had to replace three shingles on the garage roof. I don't even want to contemplate what I looked like on the roof.

* I am annoyed by little things this morning. I want to quit feeling nauseous and vomiting. I don't want to have heartburn. I
want to sleep, without eight hours of the strangest dreams/nightmares. If I didn't know better, I'd think Timothy Leery had
been doctoring my tea. I want to quit feeling whiny and be one of those positive people who glow through pregnancy,
whip up gourmet dinners, know how to repair lawnmowers and never snap at their children. Ain't gonna happen though.

No comments: