Maybe I wasn't the best person to be entrusted with these six little, semi-malleable persons.
1) It is obviously my fault dd is second string on the BB team, and why don't I get her into the varsity camp at the high school, on Sunday afternoons, 18 mile away, in winter when the weather will be lovely, around holiday time. Ummm, I don't think so.
2) I obviously warped ds since his only reading material that could even be loosely termed literature is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
3) Dear Mrs. S--Please review F's letters with him. He didn't know them at pre-school. Gasp! My FOUR YEAR OLD doesn't know his letters. Won't have to worry about him reading tripe though, will I.
4) Dear Mrs. S--Tests show C is ready for algebra. We cannot offer him suitable enrichment. Please seek outside sources of math enrichment for him. Or I could just let him play game cube. He could use triangulation to shoot his enemies.
5) What kind of mother would plan on skipping out of Thanksgiving a little early, to take three kids to see a stupid movie about an adolescent wizard? One who wants to see the movie, that's what kind.