Monday, February 20, 2006

Avacado Au Revoir

We took the plunge and ripped out the avacado green shag carpet this weekend. It was just as filthy and disgusting as you would imagine 30+ year old carpet would be. If we don't all come down with an exotice lung condition I'll be surprised. And let me just say, at some point the previous owners obviously has a less than well trained house pet. Yuck!
The rest of the weekend was taken up with partying, none of which I got to take part in. S had a friend stay Friday and then went to a sleep over party Saturday. E went with a friend to a high school show choir event and stayed all night. They didn't get home until 2am, so glad I said yes to her staying there. L went to a birthday skating party. On Sunday I took L and her Brownie troup to a youth theater performance of Alice in Wonderland. She soaked it up, as I knew she would. I could see the wheels turning in her head and wondering how she could get on stage.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Congrats on getting the carpet out! Are there wood floors under it?

When we bought the house we live in, we had to tear out pink wool carpeting that had probably been in the house since around 1940. It...was...horrible. I never want to do something like that again...whew, the dust mites I must have inhaled.

Post some pics when you have time!