Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Diploma Dilemma

I attended a meeting last night to learn about the process my dd will be going through to sign up for her high school classes and diploma. There are now three, yes three, different diploma options. Oh, and kids, you need to know what you want to do for the rest of your life now, at age 13, so you can plan accordingly. Huh?? She of course will try for the hardest "honors" diploma because she is a high strung over achiever. I'm trying to imagine what will happen when the 'slouch on the couch' has his turn. I left the meeting stressed. What they are asking of these kids doesn't seem rational to me.

I like the easy pre-school years. Most problems are solved with time or a hug or both. F told me what he wants for his birthday next month. Sunglasses and a toothbrush! Yep, definitely easier.

I'm just adding this because she's my kid, darn it, and I think she is cute. This is her preferred outfit this week. You'll notice she is sans panties and her arms are raised in her interpretation of the music. It's like living with Isadora Duncan.
Image hosting by Photobucket

4 comments:

Jody said...

Huh? Career path for a Freshman in high school. That's nuts!

As for your little dancer.....very precious. I love her outfit! And the tulle is not ripped! She and Mia would have much fun together!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought it was rediculous my freshamn year. We had a year long class to help us decide what career we wanted. 7 years later I am still undecided- as are many other college students my age. Your school's administration needs a reality check.

Paula said...

She IS very cute!

And you're right, that's a crazy expectation of a 13 year old.

Lori said...

She's adorable. I agree, they push kids to make lifetime decisions at such young ages. NUTS!