Friday, June 23, 2006

The Sun Did Not Shine

It was too wet to play. Ok, actually it was only that way from 2pm on. The morning was nice but humid and hot. The afternoon though, Whew! It really blew. The neighbors' trees (3 in all) came down and we lost alot of shingles from the house and garage. Power was out for awhile too. E and L were at Girl Scout Day Camp. They had to move the girls to shelter. Of course dh was supposed to pick them up, and because he is a technophobe (Luddite actually) I couldn't reach him. He does have a cell phone, but doesn't turn it on. I've told him that makes it a paper weight, but I digress. At any rate that, and the fact that his car died, made him rather unpleasant last night. He has taken this coming week off. I hope his mood improves because I really don't need a week of grumpiness. I got on the roofs this morning and reshingled the bad spots so hopefully that will help. We aren't going anywhere but I'd like to take the kids to the community pool or the reservoir or something. Hopefully we're done with high winds.

4 comments:

Jody said...

Here's hoping the grumpiness wore off and you are having a great week!

Truth said...

Hope the weather has improved bringing lots of sunshine to everyone-even to attitudes!

Anonymous said...

You patch roofs?

I do miss a good thunderstorm!

Karla said...

I'm impressed that you patch roofs too! Can't even get me up there to do the Christmas Lights!