Wednesday, September 20, 2006

As Advertised

Sunday we had one of those golden days they would advertise in parenting brochures, if there were parenting brochures. Sun, picnicing, family soccer, and for the kids, swimming in REALLY cold water. We finished up the day with milkshakes for dinner and somehow we managed to make it through without anyone being snarly. The worst thing that happened was F asking to see the tennis ball just as it sailed over and hit him square between the eyes. No harm done though, and he referred to it as a 'battle scar' all day.

I won't be blogging much in the coming weeks. The 'puter sucks up too much time and I have interesting things to do. It seems silly to give that time to a machine....but the pull is strong. I think I know where my kids get their love of video games, I'm just as bad with surfing the net.

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

I feel like I'm just getting to know you and now you won't be posting for awhile. Darn. But I understand competely. I had to back off too. I keep a file of articles that I've written when the urge strikes me and then just post every other day. It's helped a lot to keep me balanced with the rest of my life.
Thanks for the nice comment today.

Truth said...

Ah, what a lovely day. I don't blame you a bit for not allowing this machine to consume so much time. Mine steals way too much of my time and I let it.

Paula said...

Good for you to exercise restraint with your computer. But you have to tell us what the interesting things are that you're doing! Last I remember you were complaining that it was boring having only 1 kid at home!

Anonymous said...

I will miss your updates! But I do know what you mean about feeling that the computer is sucking up too much time.