Friday, February 23, 2007

So Fast

Just the other day he was a chubby toddler who held my hand, then he was a hyperactive kindergartner who could climb anything, an eight year old Evel Kneival, an eleven year old Cub Scout and now he's a gangly, gawky, 5'9" man child, who's arms, legs and feet have outgrown the rest of him. He has collarbones and ribs that would make Kate Moss jealous. When he hugs me (which only happens in private) my head only reaches his shoulder, and he is too cool to want to appear recognizable in his mother's blog. He finished 1st in the 100 free here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I always poo-pooed that mother/son thing, but it is true. E getting older was just E getting older. S is becoming another species, and it tugs darn it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo S!! WTG!!

I hear you on the son thing. My 2nd one is about the same height. How do people manage when they don't have more? I'd have an empty nest if I stopped at 2!

Truth said...

Where does the time go? We celebrated my number 3 child's 20th birthday today. Yikes! Does that make me old???

Jody said...

My oldest is growing growing growing. It is really strange but wonderful to see him becoming a young man.

Rock on S!

Annalise said...

I can't believe how slow I am - congrats!!!!! So are you going to change your blog name now??