Friday, June 17, 2005

Chernobyl

I was hoping to post about our trips to the park this week, or getting ice cream, or the fact that the weather has been beautiful, but mostly all I can think of is my 6yo dd's meltdowns this week- nuclear, China Syndrome, Chernobyl, Three Mile Island melt downs. For no apparent reason. Five of them this week. At the rate she's going it'll be October before she swims or comes near electronics again. OK, maybe not October, but a good long while. Maybe I should rethink that corporal punishment stance? Actually, I'm sure that wouldn't help either. I've talked to her and wracked my brain, and I can't come up with any reason for her behavior. Of course there's always that little voice in the back of my head suggesting, perhaps, she'd be an angel with a better mother. Do they inject you with guilt inducing drugs when you give birth?

1 comment:

Jody said...

My 4yo does that when he is sick or getting sick. So frustrating, but a good gauge to go by before he gets a fever.

Hang in there!