Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Inviting the Neighbors

You didn't think here in my own personal corner of blogdom you'd miss the cyber casserole and family slide show did you? E's team won the county tourney. Four years undefeated! I don't think the girls quite realize what a feat they've accomplished.
Image hosting by Photobucket
E is front row 3rd from left.

What else? Novak8, The Great Gatsby is a good idea. I liked that one. She seems to be on a "classics" reading binge. She did Pride and Prejudice after the movie and it has snowballed. She read some Kipling, Shelley's Frankenstein, I'm not sure what all. She started Wuthering Heights but about a third of the way in she closed it and said they were all just selfish and needed someone to smack them upside the head. I have to say, I agree with her, lol. Anybody else have any book suggestions?

S went camping with his Boy Scout Troop for their Klondike Derby this weekend. Instead of snow they had rain and high winds. Some of the tents blew over but his, luckily for him, remained upright. He returned home coated in mud but very happy. Must be a boy thing.

Not much else. I need to do the taxes. Yuck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E may enjoy Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. It's one of my favorites.