Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Five!

My number five turns five today. He is a strange little flake. He sings, constantly, in a tunless gibberish way. He has no interest in any academic undertaking. He just says he can't and puts down the pencil. On the other hand, he is very sweet and loving. He has a real tendency to hug middle aged and older women, causing them to think he is sweet. I'm not sure if he really is sweet or has a lifetime of preying on hapless women ahead of him. I think I'll prefer the sweet interpretation. He was a firmly breech baby (despite headstands on my part). I went into the hospital five years ago today expecting a c-section. An hour before the surgery I felt an amazing twist in there and the monitor I was hooked up to went beserk. He flipped head down (at the last minute) bless his heart. I was already dialated to three anyway so I strongly urged the doc to start pit before he flipped back. They started pit about 11:00 am and he was born about 4:00pm. A longer labor than most of mine but he was worth it.
We had cake on Sunday.
Image hosting by Photobucket
As you can see he made sure there were no leftovers
Image hosting by Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Day!!

Jody said...

Happy 5th birthday #5!

This was brought to you today, by the number 5.