Thursday, November 02, 2006

In Defense

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm feeling the need to defend my favorite holiday. Anybody remember Thanksgiving??? I knew I was in trouble when I had to shop for Halloween candy among the trees and reindeer but geesh, every magazine, commercial, pop up ad, etc seems to be for Christmas. Along with articles on how to make it memorable, perfect, awe inspiring and stress free? Huh? Give me a day that involves eating, napping, sports or family games, oh and gratitude and I'm good.

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

I agree so much!! On one hand we hear about not being so involved with material things and then they're crammed down our throats...starting the minute Halloween is over.
Thanksgiving should be just that... giving thanks!

Jody said...

I so agree!!!! Poor Thanksgiving!

Paula said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too!