Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Out of Commission

I had a migraine. The meds didn't do much, thus the lack of a Monday post. Not that it matters but I feel guilty when I let this blog lapse too long. We made it through the weekend with lots of fun had by all. At least until Sunday night for me, lol. I did recover in time to make it to the Cub Scout cookout last night. It's kind of scary when I think of how many of those I've been to. S started in first grade and that was 9 years ago. Oh well, two more years and F will age out and then I'll look back fondly. Someday. A long time from now.
Friday is a day off from public school for my older kids. The littlest three and I are going on a homeschool field trip to the pumpkin patch. I've got F doing research on pumpkins, etc to make it somewhat more educational for him. I figure the trip alone is enough for a kindergartner. The two year old is just along for the ride. It should be fun, and if they were to stay lost for a longish time in the straw maze, well, that would be ok.
As for the rest of the week, Boy Scouts tonight, Wednesday is spanish and Kids' Klub, Thursday is homeschool PE. Friday is also the local Scarecrow Festival which consists of all the small town stuff-chili cook off, hayride, apple bobbing, donut eating and little carnival games put on by local businesses. The little kids will like it and it will give the teen boys a chance to scope out girls.

No comments: