Friday, March 25, 2005

As a Mother

I've really been debating whether to broach this topic. It seems to be everywhere in blogland though, so I might as well stick my toe in the water too. If my baby was ill, irrevocably ill, I would fight to my last breath. I would chew glass for my children. While people debate fine points of law, a woman is dying and her parents' hearts are breaking. The heartbreak of teminal illness (been there) or freak accident (only brushed by that one) is one thing, but to have something preventable done to your child would literally drive me mad. I'm afraid grace would be non-existent and I truly (and I mean truly) might become homicidal. And yes, I do see the irony there. I admit my views on this are based on my own desires. I would want to be kept around. I'm worried about living in a time where someone else's sufferring is an interesting tidbit on the news or a matter of what would be convenient or "cost-effective". So there you have it, my opinion for what it's worth. I'll be praying for her and her parents. I'm shutting off comments on this one, I'm sure I wouldn't change any minds and mine won't be changed either.