Thursday, April 13, 2006

Round Up

Ds went to kindergarten round up Wednesday night. (As an aside, this always makes me sing 'head 'em up, move 'em out, RAWHIDE' in my head) He loved the bus ride around the parking lot and looking in the lockers. I'm not all that happy to see another one getting bigger. I also suggested to the principal, when he came around mingling, that a margarita booth at the next school carnival would be nice. I'm sure I added another asterisk by my name on the "Parents Who Are Trouble" list.

S ran in his first track meet last night too. He did all right. A solid middle of the packer. They run 6th, 7th and 8th grade all together. His skinny 6th grade self didn't stand a chance against some of the 8th graders who darn near looked like full grown men.

The kids are home tomorrow. After a thrilling visit to the orthodontist I think we'll dye eggs. Church in the evening. Dh is working so I'm pretty sure after taking all 6 to a packed church service I will be feeling less than christian. Maybe we'll all do shots of benedryl before we go.

No comments: