Saturday, November 28, 2009

School Saturday

Ok, first I have to get this off my chest. I made Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. I received polite thanks.

I made nachos for dinner and got raves,thanks,kisses and hugs. Next year, it's pizza, tacos and nachos baby.

Ok, school. Only a three day week really.

We focused on the true story of the first Thanksgiving. We read You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower and used a unit study from the net. F declared Wednesday Wopanoag Wednesday and we looked at things from the Native American view point. We also worked on the 4's. He now knows the 1,2,3,4,5,10 and 11 tables. We wrote about our trip to the musical and worked on commas and punctuation some more.

Mel got all the Thanksgiving stuff, continued to work on reading and letter sounds and basic math facts.

A pretty nice week. Now I have to gear myself up for the next four weeks until Christmas. I'm planning a couple field trips for 'break' so it won't be a wasteland. Children's Museum is free from 10-2 Christmas Eve and we'll probably go back to Indy for a trip to the State Museum. We might go tobogganing too. Or skating. Have to play that by ear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! We had personal pizzas for Thanksgiving dinner, so I think your dinner was fantastic too ^^

Yay for non-traditional Thanksgiving food!

Karen