Monday, November 08, 2004

Eye of Newt

Why can't kids just read about stuff in school? When did all the "projects" become so popular? E's science class is required to have each group create a habitat for an animal (no mammals), get the animal, observe the animal, blah, blah, blah. I got to go buy the newt and accoutrements. No other parent "had time". I send them to public school to avoid this stuff.*sigh* I realized I would make a lousy homeschool mother because I would never want to do projects like this. Maybe I'm projecting too much of my own personality into this. I love to read, about anything, all the time. I have no real desire to do the stuff I'm reading about. I'll take the author's word about the habits of newts, or economies, or the topography of Indiana. (I used to find lots of creative ways to avoid labs in school.) I also hated group projects, with a vengence. Control issues here I know. Anyway... I delivered the slimy little amphibian, gravel, food, plastic plants, etc. I am supermom!!!


No comments: