Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Week In The Life Of Me~Monday

The morning started with snow. I'm not ready. I did school with the kids. It went well and we were done at 11:30. I was about to make lunch when the phone rang. The upshot was I needed to plan and conduct a Cub Scout Christmas party by myself at 6:30 tonight. Deep breath~ OK. I finished some laundry and did some quick game and craft research. I made supper and cleaned the kitchen and we were out of the house by 2:00 to get S from school for an orthodontist appointment. I was a horrible mom and let F and Mel play DS and Leapster while they sat in the car after his appointment. S stayed in the car with them while I flew through Dollar General to get my supplies. We came home and I made breadsticks and coffee cake and still got dinner on the table by 5:30. I left the dishes to Phil and left at 6:00 to get the cabin set up for the party. I took C with me to help referee. It went well but they were definitely, um, exuberant. I got home at 8:00 after cleaning the cabin. I brought in the dog and crashed on the couch to watch a biography of Andrew Jackson on PBS because I'm weird. At 9:30 we watched Big Bang and then to bed. It felt like much more than it sounds like.

2 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Cubbies are fun, but they sure are a lot of work! Sounds like you had earned your TV time by the time you got there. PBS documentary sounds right up my alley. Maybe I should keep closer track of what's on... but then I'd have to choose between TV and other stuff.

I see you were a lactation consultant in a former life. That must have been a fun job: babies all the time.

Paula said...

Isn't Big Bang a scream?