Friday, August 06, 2004

My little construction worker is eating up all the great mud to play in...


but a hard day of construction sure makes you tired


The actual construction seems to be going pretty well. Thank God the destruction part is mostly over. We have lost our cable TV, which means all TV. So far the weather has been good and no one has complained but if it turns rainy I'm sure to hear some complaints. Actually we had no power most of yesterday and some of Wednesday. We'll soon be as Amish as our builders.

Ds 8 is going to a sleepover/birthday party tonight. It is the first one he has gone to. He is not a very social animal so hopefully he will do fine.

DD 12 is grounded so she will be home tonight. I'm not sure I remember the last time she was home or didn't have someone stay here on Friday. It's the first time she's ever been grounded. I usually take away TV or computer or something for the boys but she just seems too old for that now so no phone, IM or seeing friends for her this weekend. I'm not sure sentencing myself to her teenage attitude was all that smart on my part though :-).

L,5 yo dd, seems fine now so I guess I can put off that call to the priest.

Mel has learned to stand up all by herself in the middle of the room, no pulling up on furniture. I know walking won't be far behind now. I really am trying to snuggle and enjoy every baby minute but she just keeps growing faster and faster.

Well, I need to go see if I can concoct something for dinner. If you read enough blogs you begin to feel everyone is a better parent, a better cook, a better wife, funnier, wittier, wiser than you. I'm just stating for the record here, I'm drowning in mediocrity and I'm pretty happy about it!!

1 comment:

Notes from the Trenches said...

Wow I don't envy your laundry LOL

Our addition is just about finished...laundryroom cabinets coming in this week. I keep telling myself it will be worth it.