Sunday, August 01, 2004

Hopelessly Behind

You know the phrase "The hurrier I go the behinder I get."? That pretty much sums up the last few days. I returned from the 10th circle of hell aka my garage attic. I beleive I have finally finished in there. I picked up my dss 10 and 8 from camp Saturday. That ate about 5 hours out of the morning. I was then faced with the dilemma of burning or actually washing all the laundry they brought back. About load 7 later I realized I had made the wrong decision. I also went to a friend's house to check out her garage sale leftovers. E got several pair of jeans in the very hard to find size 0 and a cute fall jacket. I turned down a bread machine. She kept saying "..but it makes a two pound loaf." Hmm, that might do us one meal. It's much easier to bake up 3 loaves at a time in the oven. Hmmm, where was I... today was church and then I left my messy house and had some fun gosh darn it with the kids. I took all 6 and E's friend L swimming at the community pool. I kept Mel in her little inflatable boat (her floaty boaty) and she had a great time. The littlest 3 stayed with me in the middle size pool and the older 4 took off for the water slides and diving boards. I called it quits about 4:30 though because we had to get back for a carry in/talent show at church. We ate there, helped clean up and watched E and L try to soak up as much limelight as they could. It amazes me that my boys would rather have their eyelids removed than get up in front of people and my two older girls will run over you to get to the stage. Oh, and I came off like a big poop because I wouldn't let the sweet old ladies holding Mel stuff her full of ice cream. They probably think I'm full of newfangled ideas, lol. Tomorrow E and S have basketball camp. It's not that big of a deal but I find when I know I have to stop what I'm doing in two hours to leave I don't start big projects. Of course they have it at different times so that means four trips out of the house. Oh well, it will get me back in form for the school (YUCK!) year.

No comments: