Friday, December 31, 2004

Drivel (orMy End of the Year Musings)

So.. where are those seven swans a' swimming? And there's nary a calling bird to be seen!

How could Christmas Eve have been -ll degrees and a foot of snow and today is 60?

C is talking upstairs. I can hear him say "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." A truer quote has never been made.

Why is the prospect of destroying the gingerbread house bringing more joy than the building of it?

Who does go out for New Year's Eve? It seems everyone I talk to is staying home with family or just a few friends.

Tomorrow is our last Christmas. My family will come in the evening. It does give me something to look forward to tomorrow. In the morning I'm taking E shopping to spend her Christmas money. I'm not sure if I need to pack some Jack Daniels in my purse for that trip or not. It's hard to sympathize with someone who is complaining the size 0 is too big. I do need to pick up here though so it won't be a toy obstacle course.

RESOLUTIONS

I haven't done these in years but for some reason I'm feeling inspired so here goes. You'll notice these are all comfortably vague in the sense any improvement will meet them.

1) Slow down. I'll try not to rush the kids to eat, dress, bathe, etc. We'll try to do less
put aside more time for just enjoying.

2) Take a Breath. I can be sharp without meaning to. My exasperation seeps through. Maybe
if I consciously take a breath I can say what I want without "that huffy sound" that my dd
describes.

3) I will make time for something I want to do. I have no hobbies or interests anymore. I'll
read a book, listen to music, try a craft, join a book club, something JUST for me. And I
WON"T feel guilty.

4) I'll try to live in the spirit of peace, love and goodwill all year. I'll try to remind
kids to do the same.

No comments: