Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Happy Winter Solstice!!



I always remark that today is the shortest day of the year. Dh responds it is the longest night, lol! Both of these drive my kids batty who very logically state that a day has 24hours!! So concrete those children.

Today I did my baking. I made 24 doz cookies, 2 rum cakes and some pies. I give this stuff to dh's co-workers, neighbors, the minister, etc. I will still bake some loaves of bread, make some fudge and some puppy chow, but I'm glad to have the majority of the baking done. I really don't mind it, I just hate having to pay attention so I don't get involved with something and create charcoal briquettes.

The chimney sweep came today and gave the fireplace a clean bill of health. The fire is roaring along now. The weather forecast is for a veeerrrry cold Christmas. I'm glad to have the fireplace, if not for the heat, for the psychological boost it gives me.

No comments: