Monday, December 27, 2004

It Was A Holly, Jolly Christmas

A very good Christmas this year. For starters, dh did not have to work afterall. The co-worker who had surgery returned. I was afraid it wouldn't be good as during the late church service I began to feel awful. I was sick all night and when I wasn't actively being sick I was worrying that my being sick would ruin Christmas. The kids, bless them, held to our rule that it needs to be 6:30 before we get up. I was shaky, had a coke vs coffee, and took no pics but I was vertical and the kids really liked their presents. The boys got gameboy sps and a game, C also got a gamecube game and S got a Yugi-oh duel disk. Oh, the joy! L got a Baby Annabell which I really balked at buying but she has played with it constantly. F got a wooden train set and E got a cell phone. I was really torn about getting a 7th grader a phone but with all her activities and the sibs doing stuff too it would be nice to be able to contact each other. Hopefully it will eliminate my sitting in a parking lot waiting for her or her standing alone waiting for me. She was over the moon and had to IM all her friends so it was a successful gift.
Dh and I don't usually get each other gifts but this year we did. I got him the 4th season of the Simpsons (his favorite show- he already had the first 3) and he got me --- a blowhorn. It also plays tunes including revelie!!! That should make getting the kids up or calling them for dinner easier.
We spent a really nice rest of the day and Sunday. We went played with our gifts, had good food, went sledding and I played uno, cranium, yahtzee and built with magnetix. We had cocoa and a fire. It was a lovely couple of days. Today my SIL, BIL and niece are coming so I must clean now :-(

2 comments:

Sherry said...

My older 3 also got the gameboy sp's, and the two older ones got the duel disk. Not sure how those things work, but they really liked them.
Glad to hear everything went well. Hope you are feeling better..

Notes from the Trenches said...

A blowhorn!!!! ROTFL.

I love it! I want one!

Glad to hear you had a Merry Christmas in spite of not feeling well.