Thursday, October 14, 2004

Not a great day. The contractor's helpers hung the screen door on the back backwards! Duh! This p*ssed off dh, so he griped at me. This means I will have to track down the appropriate people and get the door hung right. Dh (in his usual manner) displaced his aggravation with the door onto the kids. Sigh!! Two ended up in bed early. I behaved like an adult (which ain't much fun) and waited to b*tch at him until they had all gone upstairs. I wonder if my parents did the same thing? I wonder if the united front is all it's cracked up to be, LOL. I'm now going to go have a nice cup of tea and a crossword. I deserve it.

2 comments:

Babette said...

I lift my teacup high and toast your self-control! Here's to a united front! You know the one about the father, who takes out his frustration on the mother, who takes out hers on the teenager, who takes out his on the toddler, who takes out hers on the baby, who kicks the dog? By the way, I just "got" your blog name...hilarious!

Notes from the Trenches said...

Are my contractors at your house? Because it sounds like them and I *know* they aren't here.

I feel your pain.