Friday, February 18, 2005

Accomplishment

It's amazing what you can get done if you work hard (and don't sit down and don't eat). I'm occassionally overtaken by the mood to get all those little nagging jobs taken care of. Yesterday I had one of those days. I dropped F at preschool, took L & A grocery shopping, came home, put away groceries, filled out a tedious form for insurance reimbursement, took said form to the post office and stopped at the flooring store where I put a down payment on my kitchen floor. Yeah!!! It's been stripped to the floorboards, the very old, very dirty, floorboards with attractive spots of 1930's linoleum since fall. The new vinyl should be down in a couple of weeks. I picked up F, came home, gave them lunch. A has been grumpy for 2 or 3 days. I'm not sure if it's ears, teeth or what. After finally settling her down I got out all the paint stuff and primed the kitchen walls. They were three different colors. Now they are nice shiny white. The fumes from the primer though, whew!! Since I was all painty I touched up some spots in my bedroom. I also managed to get 3 loads of laundry done and make a pot roast and apple crisp for dessert. If I were this organized and hardworking everyday either we'd live in a lovely home or I'd kill myself for turning into Martha Stewart. I don't feel the mood today so I'll slink off to my slothful corner now.

No comments: