what I have done today.
1. Arose at 6:00am to make cinnamon rolls, get up all children, feed, water and dress said children.
2. Pack belongings in van and drive 1 1/2 hours to camp. Spend one hour standing in line checking in dss. Drive back home with detour to..
3. Pick up old metal bunkbed from friends to replace the garage sale wooden bunkbeds kids have been sleeping in for 6 years.. continue home after wedging them in around remaining 4 children.
4. Try to give children lunch (even though it's 1:30 and they have been starved for hours).
5. Move van with bunkbed frames still inside so that contractor can bust up our concrete back porch and steps to begin our construction.
6. Give up on anyone including baby taking a nap while large jackhammer is going outside kitchen.
7. Make dinner after cacophony stops at 5:30. Feed very tired children dinner, bathe nurse and soothe (which includes watching Thomas AGAIN!!! and Veggie Tales) until the little darlings fall asleep.
8. Do dishes, do laundry, explain to 12yodd why she cannot spend the night in the hog barn at the fair.
9. Drum roll please.... drop into computer chair. How could the day be so full and so little be accomplished???
Truly one of the mysteries of motherhood.